(8 servings) -brought to you by Chef Meesh
- 1 onion (rough chop)
- 3 scallion ( rough chop)
- 2 garlic cloves ( minced)
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1/2 lb turkey sausage ground
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 (5oz.) bottle sauce (Goldson’s MoreFire! Hot Sauce)
- 1/2 tsp. chilli pepper
- 1/2 tsp.ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. of adobo
- 2 cloves
- 1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans drained or 1lb bag beans (pre soaked)
- 2 Tbsp. of honey
- 1 1/2 can chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp of thyme (fresh preferred)
- 1/4th cup of vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In large sauce pan heat oil (medium heat) and brown turkey and ground sausage. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot heat oil on medium heat add onions, scallions, sauté until soft. Add garlic and stir until aromatic.
- Combine red wine and bottle of MoreFire sauce bring to a boil and reduce liquid to about half of original mixture.
- Add to the liquids: chili powder, adobo, cloves, cumin, honey, bay leaves and stir until fully mixed.
- On medium heat combine turkey mixture to the liquids and stir.
- Add stock.( adding water as needed to cover the mixture).
- Add thyme and bring to a boil, set on low and let simmer for at least two hours
** the longer it simmers the better but on low heat, you do not want the beans to become mush**
- Garnish with diced onions, scallions, and shredded cheese.